Mid-Life Career Review
Extending working life through career review at mid-life
About This Publication
NIACE believes that:
- Adults can extend their working lives in ways which suit them and the complexity of their lives if they can access the right advice at the right time.
- Learning opportunities for all age groups are vital to support adults through transitions.
- To make successful transitions, so that they can live the lives they want to lead, people may need support from specialist advisers and peers in both the workplace and the community.
The pilot shows that we can help people change their behaviours and plans if given the support to do so. This could lead to better choices, longer working lives, better health and a wealthier retirement.
This report highlights the key findings of the pilot project, relating to:
- Key findings for policy and practice
- Reviewing 'career'
- Models of mid-life career review
- Engaging clients
- Career guidance needs
- Client impact
- Adviser reflections
- Pilot providers